Thursday, April 15, 2010

Be it ever so humble, there was...

I moved westward.

I got tired of walking at least 15 minutes for EVERYTHING (20 to Central Station, 25 in other direction for PC World, 25 minutes to the GFT, 40 minutes to Buchanan Galleries, 30 minutes to St Enoch subway station -- and the West End). And passing under the Kingston Bridge each time. Dodging the cars turning off Stobcross Road (or Argyle Street) down towards the Broomielaw. Walking home with a backache (when I had one). Having tall industrial buildings, empty lots and that damn ALEA sign be my only company usually. Nothing but a SPAR (supermarket) close by. Sure there was ALEA, Nando's, bowling, bingo and others -- across the Clyde. Noisy neighbours upstairs dropping stuff and having people over and laughing away the day (and sometimes the night). And the police (bless'em) coming by every so often. I saw the notice about "lewd acts have been captured on CCTV and we just want to remind all residents that..." and all I could do was roll my eyes.

But still, I do miss it a little. Because it still used to be home, if only just for a year.

Happy one-week movingout-anniversary to me.

3 comments:

  1. you need to get your hands on those cctv tapes... seriously...

    i love moving... getting used to new places is exciting... i do miss the place i lived in before this one though because it had a loft bedroom... of course, now i live right on the beach so you give to gain eh...

    have fun in your new place... :-)

    and happy week-aversary (?)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hallo n#! * duly following your blog now...

    *bit o'music humour there

    ReplyDelete