Saturday, March 20, 2010

Random thought #123

"How did you celebrate your birthday?" .... errrr, I went to work and had an extra bit of chocolate from the vending machine?

The thing about birthdays -- and most other major calendar events e.g. New Year's Day -- passing me by mostly uncelebrated is there is no forced evaluation of where I am in my life (more than normal anyway) hence no feelings of regret/disappointment when I realise a year has passed and certain aspects of my life still aren't "up to scratch".

When you're one of those people who can't switch their minds off, life planning is for a quiet weekend or impromptu lunch time walk, not so?

3 comments:

  1. I do love birthdays and other special events though but then i love symbolic things. when you don't stop to internalise their significance, at least for a little bit, sometimes you just keep going, possibly in a direction you want to reconsider. sometimes you do have to step back and refocus.
    it's not really about life planning or goal setting or looking back and being nostalgic. it's about celebrating life. all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's strange... i looked forward to birthdays until perhaps my late 20's... then they just sort of became like any other day - which i'm totally ok with... other people seem to want a bigger deal out of it than i do really... family members and such... which can be a bit of a pain but i put up with it...

    as to life stage evaluations... well... i tend to introspect on a more less constant basis... lol... i don't need a special occasion to look at my life at all... which may explain a lot... :-S

    ReplyDelete
  3. i cant switch my mind off too ...bleh

    ReplyDelete